David Sark is a Sydney based photographer with a passion for capturing moody moments from around the world. His initial interest in photography was sparked when he received his first Canon point and shoot film camera as a birthday present in his early teens. At the time it was mainly used for taking blurry photos of mates doing dumb things at parties. It was only when he went to university that David developed a serious interest in photography and image making. With a background in visual communication and graphic design, his eye is now drawn to the interesting shapes and forms of illuminated city environments and how the human form moves through and interacts within the space.
Press and Achievements
- 'Behind the lens' article written for Australian Photography Magazine
- 'The Art of Night' feature article in Australian Photography Magazine
- Curator for the Street Classics Instagram account
- Japan photo series feature on PhotoblogHK
- 'Tokyo Nights' photo series feature on COOPH
- Canon Australia Instagram account takeover
- Interview with No More Ugly camera bags
- 'Sign of the Times' group photography exhibition at Ambush Gallery
- Selected as an Associated exhibitor for the Head On Photo Festival
- Selected to exhibit at the Berlin Photo Biennale
- Selected as a ’Suggested User’ by Instagram
- Shortlisted for Monster Children Magazine photo competition
- Featured article on the DigitalRev photo blog Bokeh
- Featured interview on the DigitalRev photo blog Bokeh
If you see anything you like on this site or my Instagram account, please contact me below to enquire about available print options.
Also, fill in the form below if you want to sign up to receive some irregular updates and to find out about fresh blog updates and new prints for sale.